Protect Yourself with Trusteer Rapport
Rapport is lightweight security software that protects your online banking communication from being stolen by criminals. Rapport is highly recommended by Emory Alliance Credit Union as an additional layer of security to any anti-virus or security software you already use. By protecting your internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with your credit union's online website, Rapport blocks malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
What’s at Stake
Criminals are after your money and identity. Inevitably, your online credit union account has access to both. If criminals manage to access your online credit union account, they can not only access your private information but also transfer money out of your account. Your bank has taken various measures to protect you against this threat, but one of the biggest risks is actually the computer you use to bank with. Here are two sophisticated attacks that criminals use to access your online credit union account using your computer:
- Malicious software (or malware) - automatically and silently downloaded onto your computer when you browse the Internet, malware silently captures your login information and transfers it to criminals as you log-in to your credit union’s website. It is also capable of silently changing the transactions you execute as directed by criminals
- Phishing - criminals build fake websites that look very similar to your credit union’s website. They do this to lure you into visiting these fake websites and submitting your online banking log-in information. This data is later used to access your online credit union account
Why Your Current Computer Security is Not Enough
Trusteer Rapport - Dedicated Online Banking Security
Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to your credit union online, Rapport does 3 main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
- Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the credit union's genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it’s not obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your credit union’s address into your web browser
- Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the credit union’s website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the credit union
- Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with your credit union, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions
Rapport takes several additional steps in the background to further improve security. If you are interested in reading about them, please click here.
Compatible with Your Current Security Software
Rapport works alongside your current security software to provide comprehensive protection when you are online. Rapport also communicates with your bank’s security systems. This allows your credit union to better use its security systems to protect your online account and block malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
Available at No Cost to You
Trusteer Rapport is available to you at no charge! Your credit union covers all costs associated with the development, maintenance and support of Trusteer Rapport.
100 financial institutions and 20 million customers are already using Rapport today to prevent online fraud. Trusteer, the security experts behind Rapport, make every effort to ensure Rapport remains constantly updated with the ability to protect you against new and emerging security threats.
EASY TO USE
Rapport is very easy to download and use. Here's what you need to do:
- Click the “Download Rapport Now” button to install it on your computer. This only takes a couple of minutes. Click here to view a short video demonstrating how to install.
- Click “next”, “yes” and “continue” when prompted, until installation is complete. There's no need to restart your computer once the process is complete
- Once installed, a small Rapport icon will appear next to your browser's address bar as seen in the picture below. This icon is green when you are on a website protected by Rapport, and grey when you are on a website that is not protected by Rapport. The icon is for your information only and does not require any action from your end
- When you first log onto Emory Alliance Credit Union account after installing Rapport, you will see a message asking you to approve the protection of your online banking login information. From there on, Rapport works in the background and only pops up if a security risk is identified
Support When You Need It Most
Trusteer operates a 24 hour customer centre to help with any questions or issues you may have. We offer live chat, telephone and email support, all of which can be found at http://www.trusteer.com/support
For updated system requirements, please visit http://www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms
You can still have Rapport running even if most of your browsing is done using an unsupported browser. Rapport does not interfere with your browsing. You can always choose to switch to a supported browser when you log onto a sensitive website such as your online banking website.